PHP Web Developer
Richardson, TX, United States
5 months ago
You are a calm, collected, and calculated developer with your finger on the pulse of the latest technologies and frameworks. Your evenings are spent tinkering and experimenting on the Next Big Idea™. You know your way around a database better than some DBAs, and you show off a bit by using a command prompt instead of a IDE. You are overly particular about code quality and presentation, and coding without testing makes you cry a little. One minute you might be having an actual debate about Angular vs. Ember, and the next thing you know you’re clowning on the latest logo redesign with a designer buddy.
The primary role of the Web Applications Engineer is creating and supporting hosted software applications with a focus on full-stack web development using cutting edge, stable technologies. A typical day might consist of a morning standup meeting, followed by jumping head first into a brand new product or technology. You’ll be exploring, creating, testing and showing off alongside your peers, working to build the best products and apps in our industry.
Your Skills and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, similar technical degree, or a sick GitHub profile
- Experience with modern MVC architectures such as Laravel, Rails or Django
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as Vue.js, Backbone.js, Ember.js, or AngularJS
- Experience with test driven development (unit, acceptance and functional testing)
- Experience with Agile software development such as Scrum or Kanban
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, time management and conflict resolution
- Ability to excel in a team setting
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and drive to be successful
What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing, coding, testing and analyzing new and existing web-based software applications
- Conducting research on emerging application development software products and packages, languages, and standards in support of development efforts
- Preparing technical documentation for end-user training
- Creating new open source packages and improving existing packages
- Collaborating with other developers about creative solutions to challenging tasks
- Leveraging cloud-based solutions when it's the right fit for the job
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience with Laravel/Lumen Framework and building Composer packages
- Experience with application architecture and SOLID principles
- Experience with automated deployment and Linux server administration
- Experience with Docker and cloud hosting providers such as AWS and DigitalOcean
- Experience with design patterns such as Dependency Injection, Active Record, Factory, Singleton, etc.
- Experience using Bootstrap and/or Foundation, as well as LESS and/or Sass
- Passion for software development, learning and growing your craft
- Positions are full-time, on-site in Richardson, TX.
Sorry, no remote requests, and no contract requests.
We are a leading global provider of software and data analytics to the real estate industry. Clients use our platform to improve operating performance and increase capital returns. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Richardson, Texas, RealPage currently serves over 11,000 clients worldwide from offices in North America, Europe and Asia.