Chief Technology Officer
At Rocket Internet SE
11 months ago
We're hiring a CTO for our venture InstaFreight!
Your team & role
As CTO at Instafreight, you will guide technical teams building systems and products that may be used by tens of millions of people around the world every day from our headquarters in Berlin.
You will manage one or more cross-functional teams, taking them from concept to production, while remaining involved from a daily hands-on technical standpoint.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Growth; ensuring every hire is better than the last by remaining an active partner in the hiring and interview processes.
- Team management; ensuring your team is happy and productive, while empowering their careers at Instafreight.
- Speed; implementing and improving the agile processes that enable our teams to deliver high quality products on time.
- Communication; managing expectations with business and product owners.
- Designing systems and organizations that are scalable and maintainable.
Your experience & skills
- You are a coder at heart. You like hard problems, but know how to keep things simple. You would love to do more coding yourself, but accept that you can bring most value by helping others excel.
- You have built large-scale applications with modern web frameworks (ideally PHP).
- You can deal with (and preferably limit) complexity.
- You are a fast thinker, hands-on manager and a strong communicator - you think and act like an entrepreneur.
- You know agile. Not just from books. You know how to do fast release cycles without compromising on quality.
- You are fluent in English. German skills are a plus!
Technologies we use include:
- PHP Frameworks: Zend, Yii, Phalcon, Symfony
- Tools: GitHub, Jira, Confluence
- Solr, ElasticSearch, Memcached, Redis, MySQL, Postgres
- Bootstrap, jQuery, Less, Sass, Compass, AngularJS, React
About Rocket Internet SE
Rocket Internet builds and invests in Internet companies that take proven online business models to new, fast-growing markets. Rocket Internet focuses on four industry sectors of online and mobile retail services that make up a significant share of consumer spending: Food & Groceries, Fashion, General Merchandise and Home & Living. Its network of companies conducts business in a large number of countries around the globe with more than 36,000 employees at the end of 2015.